Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Ups and The Downs

Hi Friends!

It's been a while, I know.  To be honest, I haven't really had anything that great to write about and didn't want to bore you with the mundane day to day stuff that you go through just like me.  Plus I knew I had a big day coming up on Wednesday (yesterday) and I was holding out on you for that.

If you've read any of my previous blogs you know that I'm not a huge fan of pregnancy.  Well . . . let me re-word that, I'm not a huge fan of being pregnant myself.  On that note, lets start with "the downs" or at least the major down for me lately.

Sleep.  Oh my long lost dear friend sleep.  Where have you gone?  I miss you so.  I know, I know, all you mom's out there would like to explain to me that my body is preparing for lack of sleep once the baby gets here and that I'll never sleep again and blah blah blah blah blah.  I know this.  I am fully aware of this.  Doesn't mean that I don't miss my sleep right now, right this minute.  What is with pregnancy insomnia anyway?  I mean really, why am I waking up at 1:30 in the morning with eyes wide open and fully prepared to go clean my house?  Not only that, why am I waking up at that ungodly hour and not able to go back to sleep again?  I'd prefer to catch up on my sleep now so that when Baby Fia is here I can get an overload of lack of sleep.  On the flip side, at least when I'm up all hours of the night I'll have myself a little buddy to keep me company in about 8 weeks from now.

If anyone else is up at such hours please feel free to play Words With Friends with me, my screen name is ocjenjen10, haha!  I need some practice anyway, my co-workers just keep killing me!  They are some smart ladies with much bigger . . . eh . . . larger . . . vocabularies then me that's for darn sure.  So please, lets play :)

Enough of the downs, how about "The Ups!"  

Hooray for the ups!  When I love the ups I really love the ups too!

Like I said, Wednesday was a big day for Marc, Baby Fia and I.  We got our maternity photos taken!!!!

Did y'all know there was such a thing?  Oh yeah, just like a Babymoon, maternity photos are also all the hype these days.  How fun that we get to be part of the trendy crowd, I've never been trendy or very popular so to be part of the "in crowd" has got me excited.

My friend Michelle from high school has become a "momtographer."  A mighty good one I might add!  So I saw some of her work on her blog, www.taylorrosephotography.blogspot.com and contacted her a while ago about taking our pictures one day.  Well, seemed like I sent that email years ago and now here we are at the end of March taking our photos!  On one hand it feels like I've been pregnant forever but on the other time is going fast, does that make sense?  

We met down at Laguna Beach around 4:30 to take our photos.  Of course yesterday was a beautiful day at about 75 degrees which means Laguna would notoriously be packed . . . and it was.  We found our parking spots, found Michelle had our bags packed with lots of goodies for picture taking and made our way down to the beach.  The reason we chose Laguna rather than Huntington or Newport beach was for the beautiful cliffs that they have down there.  I love the look of the cliffs and rocks that are out in the middle of the water, makes for great photos!

Michelle works wonders with a camera let me tell you!  Plus she is hilarious and super fun to work with. She made it easy for us to feel comfortable and just do whatever she said, it was great!  After about an hour and half of photos and filling her camera until the memory couldn't take one more Marc and Jen picture we called it quits.  

I'm really bad because I'm the kind of person that much rather enjoys instant gratification over delayed.  On the way home from the beach all I could think of was how I couldn't wait to see some of those photos!  Luckily for me, Michelle is a hard worker and she likes to do what she calls a "sneek peak" of her photo sessions.  She actually stayed up until about 1:30am editing some of our photos and putting them on her blog and on facebook.  She rocks!

Here are just a couple of photos:



I'd post all of the ones that she edited but that wouldn't be fair to her blog so please visit her blog site at www.taylorrosephotography.blogspot.com to check out some of our others.  You will love them!  

I can't wait to see all the others!  Now that is an up side to pregnancy thats for sure!  

Just as a side note, Marc sent flowers to my work today just for the heck of it!  Yes, that is me rubbing it in your faces :)  To be fair though, Marc NEVER EVER sends me flowers, brings flowers home, has anything to do with flowers so this was a really really big deal.  Downside to pregnancy, I was trying not to cry when they brought the flowers in my office.  Up side to pregnancy, I got flowers sent to work from my husband!!  

Yep, I'd say I'm pretty spoiled and have a pretty darn good life!  All the glory to God thats for sure!

Hope you all voted for your next American Idol last night!  Results show tonight my friends.

Have a great night and happy almost Friday to you!

Cheers!

Jen :) 

5 comments:

  1. great blog♥ suNsHiNe♥ like I have told u before ... I didn't like being pregnant either♥ (hey r we relatived ♥'LoL') but when u see your baby u have created oh my gosh.. its amazing♥♥ great pictures... & its so cool marc is being soooooo supported♥ as I knew he would be♥ love u both♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these pics going to see more now. I love how in love you two look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Auntie Margi!!! Love you too!!! Amanda, thank you also! I know, I can't wait to see more pictures also, it was so much fun!!!! Yeah Michelle had us doing some fun poses that made us look very much in love . . . plus we are in love anyway :) Thank you so much for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, if you're not in the in-crowd or popular than that makes me a troll/hermit! ;)

    The pictures are so pretty!

    I hope you get some sleep. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL Alison, no I'm a troll right along with you! Oh well!

    Thanks for looking at the pictures! We had so much fun, I just can't wait to see the rest!

    I hope to get some sleep too but I won't hold my breath! :)

    ReplyDelete