Wednesday, March 9, 2011

"Oh I just love being pregnant!"

Nope.

You know the whole "Oh my gosh I loved being pregnant" attitude that so many women have?  I don't have that.  I thought that I would, but I just don't.  

What makes it even worse is that I have had a GREAT pregnancy with no complications, no sickness and no issues whatsoever!  I feel terrible because so many women out there have had horrible pregnancies and here I am with this smooth pregnancy and just not liking it.  I really wanted to enjoy it and I really wanted to be that person that says, "I love being pregnant, its the best!"  I'm just not that person I guess.  

Now don't get me wrong, I am in love with the fact that God is able to create such an amazing life within me, and I do love feeling the movements and kicks and punches.  I really love hearing Baby Fiamengo's heartbeat and seeing the cute little ultrasound pictures every month, I do love that part.  Its the rest that I don't love so much.

I have never been a person to go over a certain weight, so the weight gain is tough to deal with.  I know, I know, I've heard it all "you're supposed to gain weight you are pregnant" or "you're pregnant, you're glowing" or "if you didn't gain weight your baby wouldn't be healthy."  Well to pull a Charlie Sheen, "duh!"  I totally understand all of that and of course I completely agree, that doesn't mean that its not difficult to sit there and watch your body turn into something its never been before.  I mean cheesy legs, soft and squishy looking arms, hips the size of a hippo and a giant stomach that doesn't allow you to hardly bend over let alone breath?  It's just not the greatest thing in the world for this girl that's all.

What about all the things that come with being pregnant?  Who loves peeing every 12 seconds?  And who loves feeling full 24/7 but still having to eat?  What about, well . . . you know . . . eating and nothing ever coming out of you!  Who loves that?  Did you really love having to sleep on your sides, flipping back and forth all night long to avoid the pain in your hips and shoulders?  Trust me, I can go on and on but I won't do that to you, I know that all you really want out of this blog are some pictures anyway :)

With that being said here we go . . .

12 Weeks pregnant:


It's funny to think that I thought I was fat in this picture!  Oh man, if I could go back in time and tell myself then what I am feeling now I would slap myself in the face!  Anyway, here I am at 18 weeks:


Um, I guess you can say I "popped" at that point in my pregnancy.  18 weeks was a tough time for me because I just kept getting bigger and bigger and there was no stopping that sucker from growing at that point!

Here I am at 25 weeks:


I'm ok with that picture because that is my favorite maternity shirt so it makes me smile a little bit.  That's another thing to complain about by the way!  Maternity clothes! For one, they are very expensive if you shop at the actual maternity stores.  Most of my purchases come from Target but they only have about one rack to choose from so I do have to head to the big wig maternity stores every now and then.  It is not "fun, shopping with your mom" for new clothes kind of shopping.  Its more like "how can we spend the least amount of money while trying to squeeze into something that makes you look somewhat decent kind of shopping," not fun.

The most current picture of me at 29 weeks:


Now I just feel like I look like a mom.  You know how you see some ladies and you just know that they are a mom even if they don't have their kids with them?  I just have that mom look to me nowadays.  

All this complaining is not me by the way.  Not the real me anyway, its just the pregnant me.  I'm typically a positive person that doesn't complain often but just let me vent to you for today.  I know that I'm lucky to be pregnant and to be healthy and to have a healthy baby inside me, I just wanted to complain today.  Plus I'm tired so give me a break just for today, please?  Thank you.

How about this, today is Lent right?  I'm not Catholic, but there is no reason why I can't participate in Lent for the next 40 days . . . for Lent I will give up complaining!  By the time Lent is over my pregnancy will be getting close to the end so that is prime complaining time for a pregnant lady!  That will be tough to give up for 40 days but I'll do it!  I'll do it for you, my valuable blog readers, so you don't have to hear another rant from me again!  Deal?  Deal!

I'm thinking that I'll go back to my "All Things Baby" blog tomorrow . . . part 2 that is :)  

Sleep well my friends!

Jen :) 




2 comments:

  1. This is cute! I really, really enjoyed being pregnant. Sleeping comfortably at the end got a little difficult, but otherwise, I found being pregnant very enjoyable. I remember I had an appointment on my due date (1/17) and my doctor said, 'if you don't go into labor this weekend, I'm scheduling an induction on 1/23.' I didn't say anything outloud, but in my head I kept thinking 'but I don't want to have the baby, it's much better if she stays inside me.'


    Obviously, Caroline came out, but I would have gladly kept her inside for a bit longer. Keeping a baby alive, healthy and growing inside you is so much easier than when outside your womb.

    But...maybe that's just me.

    The weight gain is kind of freaky, but it'll come off. It will. Are you breastfeeding? If so, I found nursing to be the BEST weight loss tool ever. I seriously ate like a teenage boy and lost tons of weight. :)

    I hope the next 40 days are joyful so that you won't have to work too hard to not complain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should be allowed to complain as long as your pregnant and then once you pop out the kid, no more complaining. Your body isn't your own right now and that means you can complain every now and then. Plus I love hearing about all this stuff. I kinda hate hearing about how "perfect" pregnancy is, i like hearing the real stuff.

    I know you think you look huge but Jen you look beautiful and the rest of you has stayed the same size, just your belly growing with the baby. You look gorgeous. and keep those belly pics coming!!

    ReplyDelete