Wednesday, March 16, 2011

So You Say It's Your Birthday . . .

Well, even if its not your birthday or my birthday too . . . it was Marc's birthday!  Yay!


Yep, on March 15th 1980 little Marc Fiamengo and Bryan Fiamengo were born.  Oh yeah for those of you who don't know, Marc has a fraternal twin brother Bryan as well.  


So to start of the big birthday celebrations we had a little BBQ on Sunday for Family Day just for Marc.  It was a really fun day.  Marc's two younger brothers and step dad were there and several members from my family were there, from cousins to grandparents to uncles.  Per Marc's request we had hot dogs, brats, chicken, my moms famous macaroni salad and a whole bunch of other delicious things!  Also per Marc's request, my mom and I made a homemade German Chocolate cake!  I'm not a fan of German Chocolate but I heard it was delicious!  You would never know that we have a member of the family that owns a bakery by the looks of our cake, but at least it tasted good, right?




Now, please keep in mind that German Chocolate cakes do not picture well at all!  Oh and you see, Marc turned 31 and of course we had to use a Star Wars Darth Vader as his "1" on the cake :)  That was actually for Dylan because Dylan wanted to help Uncle Marc blow out the candles.


They did a good job :)  Uncle Marc has been a celebrity these days with the nephews!  They have been all about him lately and just love him so much.  You can't see Wesley in the picture above but Marc's got him in his arms too.  Such a good uncle! 

Here are some of the characters that were at Marc's shindig on Sunday.


Marc, his brother Bret and his other brother Eric.


We all know and love these two cuties, Wesley and Dylan!


My cousins Brian, Kacie and Baby Madison.  Then of course we've got Dylan, Wesley, Molly and Shane.

So, Sunday was a really fun day and Marc had a really good time.  Then, Tuesday was his actual birthday!  I'm off on Tuesdays, Marc was off on Tuesday and my mom took a furlough day on Tuesday so we could spend the day with Marc.

We spent the day in San Diego, it was SO beautiful!  The weather couldn't have been more picture perfect, it was absolutely beautiful!  We started out at one of the best restaurants in San Diego called Nicky Rottens.  Ugh, they have the worlds BEST sweet potato fries!  Oh man they are so delicious!  Lets see, Marc ordered a teriyaki chicken sandwich, I had a BBQ chicken sandwich and my mom had turkey burger sliders, yuuuu-uuuum!  Oh here is Marc outside of Nicky Rottens :)


We walked from Nicky Rottens in the Gaslamp District down to Seaport Village for the rest of our day in SD.  


Here we are in Seaport Village, Marc at 31 years old and me at 30 weeks pregnant! 

We also made a really cute purchase for the baby room :)


They are actually magnetic salt and pepper shakers but we will use them as decoration in the baby room instead.  They are just so darn cute!  My mom also bought us a turtle magnet that sits on our refrigerator as I type!  Oh yeah, and we of course ended our day with a little Ben and Jerry's ice cream!  Yum again! I had mint chocolate chunk, mom had lemonade sorbet and Marc had Chunky Monkey!


Overall, I'd say that Marc had a good birthday.  Dylan called him that night and sang Happy Birthday to him so really how could you go wrong with a 4 year old singing to you, right?  SD wasn't the last of his Birthday celebrations either!  We are going to his mom's tomorrow for dinner, we are going to breakfast on Saturday with his brothers while Bryan is in town (Sheesh thats a lot of eating!) and then Sunday and Monday I'm taking him to a secret location for a little getaway!  What a lucky guy!

With ALL of that being said, Happy Birthday Marc!  You are loved by so many!

Hey, its hump day everyone!  Hope you get through the hump today and enjoy rolling downhill for the rest of the week!

Much Love!

Jen :) 







  

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Marc!

    Your nephews are so freaking cute...man oh man. And how cute that they think Marc is so cool. I remember thinking that about adults when I was a kid, isn't it weird that's us now?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many cute kids at Family Day.
    I'm glad you all are having fun celebrating Marc's birthday (or I suppose it's birthWEEK with all the celebrating you're doing).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for Birthday Extravaganzas!
    I love German chocolate cake. Mmmmm......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda - Thanks! I know my nephews are so adorable, love them so much! Alison - Too bad your cute kid wasn't at Family Day, she could have joined the cute kids picture :). Tee Tee - Don't you love any kind of cake? :)

    ReplyDelete