Sunday, March 13, 2011

As promised . . . All Things Baby, Part Duex

Happy Sunday morning my cyber friends!


Hope everyone is having a great weekend so far!  As you know, our Sunday's are Family Day's so we have a big day ahead of us today.  Plus, Tuesday is my husbands birthday so we will be celebrating his Birthday today for Family Day also!  Fun stuff going on around here!


Anyway to get back to the real topic of the day, baby!  Oh wait, there was one little story that I forgot to tell you about last week on my rant.  This is not a rant but just an awkward story really.  So at work last week I was meeting with a parent whom I had never met before.  We'll just call her Mrs. V for now.  Well, she was very sweet and we had a nice little meeting.  By the end of the meeting I had mentioned to her that as of April 29th I will be out on maternity leave and that she can contact my job-share partner if anything comes up at the end of the school year.  Then I stood up to say goodbye.  Well . . . she didn't realize I was pregnant until I told her about the maternity leave and stood up.  So it was a very awkward moment, as she reached out her hand towards me (I was assuming she was reaching out to shake my hand as I usually do when saying hello and goodbye to parents anyway) I reached out back to shake her hand, she meanwhile headed straight for the belly.  So as she was rubbing my stomach I was reaching out for a cordial handshake and it just made for a very weird and awkward moment.  Then she awkwardly left my office and I sat back down in my chair just feeling all awkward for a little bit :)


Geez I get sidetracked so easily don't I?  


So I thought today would be a good day to let you all in on the progression of the nursery!  Yay!  Marc and I are really excited about the nursery these days.  It's just turning out so cute and let me tell you, if I were a baby . . . or even a 28 year old adult, I would want to be in that room.  


Before it was a nursery, it was an office and the dogs (Sierra) room.  This is a general idea of what it looked like before any work was done.



When that picture was taken we had already started taking things down, but as you can see the computer and dog crate and other mismatched things were in that room.  Plus we had a whole wall that was dedicated to fire stuff also.  

Then Marc prepped and got ready to paint.


We had decided that we wanted a Sea Turtle theme for the nursery since we don't know the gender of the baby and underwater/sea turtle type of stuff is somewhat neutral . . . and very cute!  That being said, we went with a very bright green!


The blue tape really accents the green right? :)  Anyway, its difficult to tell in this picture but its a very bright green and a very happy color for Baby Fiamengo.  I of course got made fun of for picking such a bright color but all those nay sayers are laughing now because with the furniture in there it looks great!  Speaking of which, here is Marc putting together some of the pieces of furniture (thank God he is the patient one in the family).



Marc put together the changing table, the dresser and the crib!  He did such a great job too!  Sidetrack for a minute . . . Baby Fia currently has the hiccups as I write this, poor baby.  Hiccups are ok for the first two, then they just suck!  

Where was I?  Oh yes, the furniture.  So as you can see in the background there, we had a couple of murals painted on the walls too.  They looks amazing!  We love love love them!  Check them out.







I wish I could take the credit for these paintings but I definitely can't!  One of my moms friends has had this lady, Lori Hannah, do paintings in her house throughout the years.  So we snagged her and she did all of this in 4 hours!  We just plopped her upstairs in the room and you would have never known she was even in the house.  We are SO happy with the work she did!

We are obviously not done with the nursery yet.  There are still a few things that we need to get such as pictures and wall hangings and whatnot but here are the rest of the pictures that I have of the nursery that I think you might enjoy.



Uh, please ignore the dog crate in the corner! :)  Don't worry, we won't be putting the baby in there if its fussy! :)  Actually that corner will have a glider in it but the glider hasn't come in yet, should be here any day though!  

So thats what the baby has got so far!  New carpet, baseboards, crown molding, new paint, mural, and new furniture!  What a lucky baby!  I'm telling you, I just want to pull up a sleeping bag and sleep in there myself.  I guess I shouldn't ask for that because that is what will be happening a few short months from now anyway, yikes!

Hope you enjoy all the pictures.  I'll keep you posted on anything new that we end up getting and any new pictures.  In the meantime, be on the lookout for All Things Baby, Part 3! :)

Have a very happy Sunday my friends!

Jen :) 

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe she rubbed your belly! That's a little strange.

    The baby's room looks super cute. I love the green!

    Happy Family Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Alison, can you believe that? It was very strange!

    Glad you like the baby room, we really love it too! :)

    We had a fun fun family day, I'll write all about it later today :)

    ReplyDelete