Monday, February 28, 2011

FaMiLy DaY

Every Sunday in the Watson household you will see something very exciting going on . . . Family Day!


This is my brother Shane and his wife Molly.




They have two little cuties, Dylan and Wesley.



Then of course there is Marc and I.



Can't forget our furry daughter Sierra.


And last are our gracious hosts every Sunday, my mom Peggy and my dad Wayne.


Now that I've got that covered I can move on.

As I was saying, every Sunday we have Family Day.  Family Day includes all those mentioned above and a strangler every now then.  Usually one of my dads friends who has no family or is hungry will stop by for a little while too.  Take yesterday for example, we were all there and then my dad's friend "Big Steve" came over too.  We call him "Big Steve" because he is almost 7 feet tall and just a big guy!

A quick background, we have Family Day every week because when my oldest nephew Dylan was born (4 years ago) my brother wanted to make sure that we got to see him often.  Its a pretty known fact with most families that the mothers and daughters stick together, this is true with my mom and I too.  So, my brother knew that Molly's family would be seeing the babies more often then the Watson side would.  Thats why its a guarantee that at least one day a week we will get to see the boys and watch them grown up.  Since Dylan is the oldest, he got to choose all of our names for us as a toddler learning to talk.  We have Nana, Big Papa Wayne, Uncle Marc and Tee Tee.  I'm Tee Tee.  I started out as Auntie and that was too difficult for little Dylan to say so he turned it into Tee Tee and thats been my name for the last 4 years now.  

So Family Day is really all about eating.  My mom goes to the store and buys enough food for a billion people and we just eat all day long.  There are always appetizers and that is when Uncle Marc typically gets "left alone with the dip" and eats himself sick so he can't have the actual lunch or dinner.  The food is mostly for Marc anyway.  He is the kind of guy that just loves to eat, it doesn't matter what kind of food it is, the guy loves to eat.  With that, he is fun to feed of course.  He gets so excited about food that you just love to sit there and put food in front of him and watch him devour it.  Not so fun when he falls into a food coma, but he does that every week so you would think he would learn by now? Anyway, here were our appetizers from yesterday.


Get ready for this!  We had two different kinds of potato chips, cheese puffs, pizza rolls and mini corn dogs!  Thats just appetizers!  You can see Marc's hand reaching in for a pizza roll in that photo.  Really, the chips are for Molly, the cheese puffs are for Dylan and Wesley and the corn dogs and pizza rolls are for the rest of us.  Marc usually eats a little of everything though.  

Then the main course about 3 hours later included roasted potatoes, tri tip, chicken, hawaiian rolls, baked beans and olives.  Yesterday was more food than usual I must admit, but it was mighty delicious.

During football season Family Day is even better because we can watch the Cowboys and our day then revolves around food AND football.  Without football we are just lost, channel surfing between gold and basketball . . . who likes golf and basketball?  Boring.  Thankfully the Angels will be coming back soon and we can watch them at least.  Of course, we did get to watch some of the Red Carpet yesterday and all of the Oscars, that was fun for us ladies in the house.  

Oh I guess I should mention what Dylan and Wesley do while we are all eating and watching sports on TV.  Well, Wesley does whatever Dylan is doing, he wants to be just like his big brother . . . sounds familiar.  So when Dylan is outside in his swing, Wesley needs to be outside in his swing too.  And when Dylan is upstairs in his playroom, Wesley is right there behind him.  Usually Nana and Dylan make there way up to the playroom and they watch movies and play Dylan's imaginary games all day long.  Dylan and Nana are BFF's.  

So I guess the moral of the blog is . . . have a Family Day and eat lots of food! :)  At least thats what happens in Placentia once a week, we seem to have a fun time :)

Time to run my firefighter wife errands for the day, off to the grocery store!

Have a great week :) 





2 comments:

  1. Where are the brownies? See, if I lived near you, I'd bring the baked goodies to family day. Too bad Virginia is so far away!

    I'm glad you have family day; it's something you can all look forward to each week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me miss my family. I want to have these with my family one day :) Good idea Watson family!

    ReplyDelete