Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Me a blogger?

FTB here!  That's right, I'm a First Time Blogger, a newbie, a beginner, a baby blogger just testing the waters for the first time.


To be quite honest I have no idea what I'm doing or why I'm even doing it.  I know that I always tell my cousin Alison that I want to be just like her when I grow up and she has a GREAT blog that I love to read, you should read it too:


http://neuroticalison.blogspot.com/


If you really wanted to know my thought process with the whole blogging idea it was simply this - I work part-time as a high school counselor BUT I'm currently pregnant full-time with a sweet little baby in my belly.  I figure between being a high school counselor and a pregnant woman I should have some interesting things to write about.  Maybe?  I don't know, I guess we'll see.


To kick things off let me just give you some background.  


I've been a high school counselor for 5 years now and I love it.  Most would think to themselves, "Self, how could someone love to hang out with teenage kids all day long?"  Great question to ask yourself and to be honest I don't have an exact answer for you.  Something about being in a helping profession and directing kids, hopefully in the right way, gets me motivated.  If I have the ability to steer a student along in the right direction and keep them from making poor choices I get pretty pumped up about it.  I'm sure my fellow colleagues would agree, there is no real answer, somehow those squeaky voiced, acne faced little buggers just make you happy.  Don't get me wrong though . . . sometimes they do just the opposite as well.  


That's my part-time job.


My current full-time job is growing this human in my body, which is just bizarre if you ask me.  I'm now 27 weeks pregnant and according my "What To Expect When You're Expecting" book that would mean that I'm on the last week of my 6 month of pregnancy as well as my last week of the 2nd trimester.  I'm just moving right along and this little peanut inside me is doing all that its supposed to be doing, so I'm told.  Being that I haven't referred to the baby as a boy or girl yet you might have guessed that we aren't finding out the gender.  Gasp!  I know, I know, my husband and I are so out of the ordinary by wanting to be surprised but let me tell you, its been fun so far!  All I need to know if whether or not the little nugget is healthy and what "they" tell me as of yesterdays appointment is "Yep, everything looks good!"  Being that I'm no doctor I'll go ahead and take their word for it.  I'm sure you just have so many questions for me now that I've given you a little taste of my life, right?  Well, I would expect with the rules of blogism I should leave you hanging?  Wanting more?  


So, all of that being said.  Thank you for reading my very first blog posting.  I feel honored that you are interested in the least about the things I have to say.


I look forward to sharing more about my life and more importantly about my pregnancy with those of you that care to know about it.  


Until then, stay classy bloggers.

6 comments:

  1. I loved reading this...Jen you're a great writer. Now, if you just added some pics of your belly
    it would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thank you Amanda, you're so sweet! I had to leave you wanting more . . . pictures to come, don't worry :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, welcome to blogger-ville, Jen! Thanks for the shout out. I can't wait to read more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Tee Tee and Alison! We shall see how this goes, I don't have many interesting things to say but I'm sure I can come up with something :) I want to be just like you Alison, now if only I could bake! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alison's auntie, not yours ;) hahaha
    But....can't wait until you start baking like Alison - yum yum! And......wait until you have that baby, you'll have YOTS to say :)

    ReplyDelete