Thursday, February 24, 2011

Happy Pregosaurus . . .

So what is it that can really make a pregnant woman happy?  Some might say food, reasonable answer.  Others might say sleep, again that makes perfect sense.

What makes this pregnant woman happy?  A good discount and a picture of a bass face.

So much to explain here, where do I start?

Lets start with the good discount.  When you enter the world of pregnant women it is a whole new life!  Did you know that?  There are message boards out there with endless topics about things such as bowel movements . . . or lack of, cravings, sex, doctors appointments and oh yes . . . DISCOUNTS!  The latest discount that was talked about was on www.amazon.com.  Apparently, if you click this and add that and use this coupon and that code then suddenly something will land on your doorstep for half the amount it was quoted to be!  To good to be true right?  Wrong!

You see these diapers?


These diapers were on amazon for $18.78.  After using a 20% off coupon which I got in my new Parents Magazine (that was sent to me by an awesome co-worker of mine out of the blue by the way!!!) and becoming an "amazon mom" which requires nothing of you and receiving another 30% off plus free 2-day shipping I ended up with these diapers!  Yep, you got it right, 50% off plus free 2-day shipping for 84 Newborn size diapers, if you calculate that the total I spent was $9.39!  Go to Target and you can get a pack of 30 diapers for 8.99 plus tax, I'd say I scored a good deal!  A good deal makes me happy!  I mean why pay full price for something when you have the opportunity to only pay half price?

Thats just one example of a great deal I got this week that made me happy, there were more, oh yes, there were more.

What really melts my heart though . . . . bass face!  Confused?  You should be, don't worry.  This is a picture of my little bass face:

It might be difficult for you to see, but if you look a little sideways you will see Baby Fiamengo's sweet little face and just below the face are two little dots which are little baby hands.  The nugget looks like a little bunny rabbit with its hands up like that, kinda funny.  Anyway, if you were to look closely at the face, you will see that the little bugger has pouty lips :(  Definitely looks like the baby is ready to shed some tears already . . . which if anyone knows me at all knows that shedding a tear or two or five thousand in my book is no secret at all.  So, no it doesn't make me happy to know that baby looks a little sad in this ultrasound photo but it does make me smile to see the "bass face."  Now, bass face began about 4 years ago when my oldest nephew Dylan was a baby.  When he would get sad his little mouth would turn upside down and he would look like a bass, you know, the fish?  From the first time he did this and beyond when we would see "the face" we would all shout bass face.  I'm happy to see that Baby Fiamengo is carrying on the Watson/Fiamengo tradition of bass face, it makes me smile.  Don't fret, the baby was as happy as a clam in there and continues to stick its tongue out at us every second it gets.  

So to sum it all up, what makes this pregosaurus happy (for this week)?  A good discount, a sweet little beautiful bass face and the nap I'm about to get into in about 5 minutes!

Happy Thirsty Thursday to all who will partake in the thirstiness that is Thursday! 


4 comments:

  1. Well, I for one love a good deal, so I'm thrilled for your diaper score. I bought four bottles of fabric softener today for a total of 80 cents, which was definitely the highlight of my day.

    I'm happy your baby is carrying on the bass face tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great deal.

    That little face is so precious. It's amazing you can see it so clearly huh. It's pretty crazy you are growing a little human in your belly. I can't wait to know what if it's a boy or a girl. Do you have names picked out?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah Jen, Alison has you beat with her 80 cent fabric softeners - the competition is on!!!! LOL..

    What's next what's next?????????

    Love you - have a good Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Alison! You really have me beat! I think you might win at this competition, you are a good bargain shopper! Amanda, thanks! I think the baby is pretty cute myself :) Looks like my husband :) We do have names, Jack Aaron if its a boy and Leah Marie if its a girl. Mom, I don't know, I guess we shall see what is next????? Love you too!

    ReplyDelete