Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Mom, Mother, Mama, Mommy, Madre, Peggy

Mom, mom, mom . . .


This coming weekend is all about mom's!  Hooray for mom's I say!  Or at least hooray for MY mom!








Most of us think that our own moms are the best in the world.  To be honest though, MY mom really IS the best mom in the whole world!  If you ever met her you would agree too!  Seriously though :)


I don't know much about this mom thing yet, but I'm certainly getting close and am ready to experience it, I know that much!  Speaking of which, I'm at 37 weeks pregnant today leaving me with only 21 days to go . . . unless I go early or late that is . . . I mean, unless Baby Fia decides to go early or late.  It's already all about Baby Fia and he/she isn't even here yet!  If it were up to me this little bugger would have been here by now!  I guess I'll just keep pretending like I have some sort of control over this and walk, eat spicy food, bounce on a yoga ball and do all those so called natural induction methods that are out there.


Anyway, I took a little bird walk, sorry.  My mom is still the best :)






So this weekend is Mother's Day, what are you doing for your mom on Mother's Day?  My poor mom has to share this day every year, she never gets it all to herself.  She would never complain about that, but really that just stinks for her.  You see, my dad's birthday is May 8th (Mother's Day) and my brother's birthday is May 9th.  Just as we did last year, we will celebrate all three special occasions on the one day, Mother's Day.  As you know, Sunday is also Family Day for us Watson/Fiamengo's so really this coming Sunday won't be any different.  My poor mom will still cook for all of us, the only difference is, she will cook my brother's favorite meal.  She's a good mom.






Not only is this weekend Mother's Day, my dad's birthday and my brother's birthday . . . it's also my brother-in-law's wedding day on Saturday!  Yay!  What a busy weekend!  Oh and did I mention that this week starts the first week of my maternity leave?  We have a busy week and weekend ahead so I'll do the bulk of my nesting next week I suppose.


(The Bride and Groom)


Marc is the Best Man in his brother's wedding and I am a bridesmaid so we have some big roles to play this weekend.  Well, Marc has a big role to play, I'll just be big :)  I'm really excited for Marc's speech, its going to be a good one!  I have to help him with some of the pieces this week in order to make it perfect!


Back to Mother's Day again.


My mom has taught me that being a mom is the number one most selfless thing you can do on the planet.  She would do anything in the world for my brother or me.  She is my best friend, hence the reason for me living 2 doors down from her!  That is the best thing ever!  Even if she wasn't my mom, you would here others say that she is, kind-hearted, hard-working, completely selfless in every way, God-loving, BEAUTIFUL, nurturing, amazing and pretty much like Mary Poppins "Practically Perfect in Every Way!"  I'm just lucky because I get to call her mom.


(This picture is particularly funny because my mom doesn't drink, she could hardly pose for this picture even!)


It's my hope that I will take some of her traits and characteristics with me as I venture into motherhood very shortly.  I know that there are some sons and daughters out there that don't get to say such great things about their moms and that makes me sad for them.  Hopefully those people can break the cycles that have been created for generations, I'm guessing, and become more like Peggy :)






If you are a mom, I wish you the happiest of Mother's Days!  If you are going to be a mom soon I say good luck to us and Happy (almost) Mother's Day to us!  If this is your first Mother's Day I say Congratulations to you, enjoy being spoiled!  If you do not have a close relationship with your mom I say embrace those around you that act like they are your mom (even if you hate it sometimes).  If your mom is no longer with us I hope that you remember all of the great things that your mom taught you growing up and that you thank God for taking care of her now and spoiling her for once!


Have a Happy Mother's Day to all of you wonderfully fabulous ladies out there!


Happy Mama's Day to YOU, Nana Times Three, I love you so much!






Have a great week and weekend my friends, give your moms a hug this weekend!


Jen :)

4 comments:

  1. Your mom truly is a great mom and I'm not just saying that because she's my sister.
    You have a wonderful role model to pattern your mommyness after.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, you do have a wonderful mom! I ditto what that Nancy woman (whoever that is?) said above.

    Perhaps your mom can teach me a thing or two about this whole selfless motherhood thing. I'm not sure I've figured that all out yet. :)

    Anyway, I hope you have a great, busy weekend. Happy Mothers Day! Happy Birthdays! Happy Wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww Jen, being a Mom to you and Shane has made my life truly joyful and I have loved every 32 (almost) years of it. You 2 have made my life complete and have filled my days with unconditional love, friendship, and laughter. I cannot wait to add number 3 to my little nest and I cannot wait to have you experience Mommyhood :)
    Happy Mommy to Be Day - I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AwE♥ Yes your mom is the bestest person ever! & I feel blessed that shes been part of my life all these years♥ As my sister/friend♥ & u my sunshine will be the bestest mom ever too♥ cause u r already a wonderful person♥ love u lots
    ps can't wait to see baby Fia soon'er♥
    xoxoxo
    margi

    ReplyDelete