Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A Wedding, 2 Birthdays, Mother's Day, and No Baby Yet!

Wow.


What a lot of stuff going on in the Fiamengo/Watson household!


I must disclose now, I do not have any pictures from last weekend!  I know, how sad right?  I'm so sorry to all of you visual learners out there!  I do have a great video that you can watch though :) 


So lets start with the wedding because that was the first of the events from last weekend.  My brother-in-law, also Marc's twin, got hitched on Saturday!  Talk about a beautiful wedding and a stunning bride!  Oh and my brother-in-law (Bryan) was stunning in his tux and bow tie also :)


The wedding festivities began on Thursday with the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner.  Thursday was also Cinco De Mayo so it was only appropriate that the rehearsal dinner had a Mexican theme.  Not to mention food catered from El Farolito, only the best Mexican food in all of Placentia!  Yum!  On Friday, the girls went to this great nail place and got manicures and pedicures, it was really nice!  Let me preface by saying, I have nothing against Asians in any way . . . that being said, this nail place was awesome because they had signs posted that said something like this, "if you hear us speaking Vietnamese with our colleagues, your service is free."  You have no idea how appreciative the customers are to see that, it makes us really uncomfortable when you speak a language other than English in front of us and makes us feel like you are talking about us all the time!  Not only that, this place also gave complimentary champagne, water, juice or soda as well as a plate with some cookies and chocolate!  Awesome!  And it was only $29 dollars for a mani and pedi!  What a deal!  We went out to lunch afterwards also which was really nice, it was a beautiful day for us to sit on the patio and grub.  The boys did an all day golf extravaganza and of course had a fun time as well.


One of the best parts leading up to the wedding was the fact that I was a bridesmaid.  Being a bridesmaid allowed me to get closer to my new sister-in-law, Katie.  I feel like she and I have this new connection that we otherwise wouldn't have had if I wasn't in the wedding and didn't have the opportunity to spend as much time with her.


The wedding itself was perfect.  Every single part of the wedding from ceremony to reception went off perfectly.  It was such a beautiful wedding.  I'm a little biased, but one of my favorite parts of the wedding was listening to Marc's best man speech!  He did such a GREAT job!  I was so nervous for him as he was speaking because I already knew was he was going to say and do, but he did amazing!  He explained what a twin was by dictionary terms and then what a twin meant to him, it was so good.  I must say, my husband is an awfully good speaker and very good looking as well so I think everything he does is great, you be the judge though:





So . . . what do you think?  Pretty good right?  I was very proud of him!


Anyway, the wedding was just great.  Then, the next day was Mother's Day.  Like I said in my last post, we celebrated Mother's Day, my dad's birthday, and my brother's birthday all on Sunday.  It was a really nice day.  We started out the day over at Katie's parents house and watched Katie and Bryan open their gifts.  Marc's mom and grandma were both there so we could celebrate Mother's Day with them as well.


Then we made our way back to my parents house where Shane, Molly and the boys were.  My mom made a bunch of food and we celebrated the birthday's and Mothers day for the rest of the day.  We even had a delicious ice cream cake from 31 Flavors!  Yummo!  Oh, and my Aunt, Uncle and Cousins were at the Angels game (they won by the way) so they stopped by for a little while also.  It was a nice little family day.  Marc and I decided to clean up my mom's house at the end of the day since it looked like a tornado blew through there!  Being that it was Mother's Day and all we thought we could do that much for her, she did work the whole day!


Oh yeah, and that's right, no baby yet!  Granted, my due date isn't until May 24th so technically there shouldn't be a baby yet, but I just feel like there should have been one here by now.  It doesn't help that my doctor told me that Baby Fiamengo would come early!  I wish she would have never said that!  Plus by coming early did she mean 3 weeks early?  4 days early?  A couple hours early?  Who knows?  That is the worst part about the end of pregnancy, you just never know when you are going to go into labor or if your water is going to break!  "They" say that only 15% of pregnant ladies water actually breaks while at home and the rest of the women have to have their water broken in the hospital.  Still, you just never know, its a guessing game every day.


In the meantime, there are several reasons why I would like to have this baby, well, right now actually!  First of all, Bryan and Katie live in Boston.  They are in Las Vegas for their honeymoon so if I have the baby now, they can come back home to meet their niece or nephew before flying back home to Boston.  Secondly, tomorrow is my Aunt Glady's 90th birthday and really, how awesome would that be?????  Lastly, my grandparents who live in Mexico are going to be in the States this weekend so they could also meet the baby before having to go back home.  They really hate being in the States so they usually only come up if they really have to for doctors visits and things like that.  If they don't meet baby this weekend then we will be bringing baby to them in October! :)


Anyway, I ramble.


Just so you know, I'll be here just walking a lot, bouncing on an exercise ball, drinking raspberry leaf tea, eating pineapple and doing all of those things that supposedly induce labor naturally (all lies by the way, nothing works, baby comes when it wants too and when God says so!).  It just makes me feel better ok, don't judge me :)  I know, I'm NOT in control that's for sure!


Thank you all for reading about my life!  Hopefully I'll be writing a birth story to you in the very near future!


Much love to you all!


Jen :)

2 comments:

  1. very cute! I can't wait to see what this baby is!!! Fingers are crossed for an early delivery for you love!

    <3 Missy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of fun happenings in your neck of the woods! It would be nice if the baby would cooperate and arrive in time so that grandma and grandpa can see him or her, but well, babies just don't operate that way, do they? Cooperative and baby do not belong in the same sentence!

    I hope you try your best to enjoy these last few days before the crazy begins, but I know it's hard when the anticipation is probably killing you.

    ReplyDelete