Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Shower Time!

Well hello there! 


 I'd like to welcome myself back to the living.  I've been sick since my last post over a week ago and I'm still just barely hanging on here.  I didn't want you to think I went into labor early or anything like that, nope, just been dragging my butt from couch to bed every day trying to get healthy.


Anyway enough about me, lets talk more about . . . . well . . . ME! :)  Actually, lets talk about Baby Fia and the amazing baby shower that was given to Baby Fia back on April 10th!  



Baby Fia's shower was at El Cholo Restaurant from 11:30 - 2:30.  Let me tell you, the people at El Cholo are just the best!  The managers were great when booking the party and updating them on the people attending and the food we wanted.  The servers though, they were just amazing!  They really went above and beyond to make sure every single person at the party had everything they needed.  Not only that, the food at El Cholo is SO yummy!  We had chicken and carnitas tacos, chicken tamales and rice and beans with all the fixings.  Yum-O! 

So my mom, my sister-in-law Molly and Molly's parents Debbie and Eric were the ultimate party planners for this wonderful shindig!  


Molly and I


Mama and I

You have no idea how much work all of these people put into this baby shower, it was unbelievable!  The decorations were incredible.  Molly and her parents made cookies that looked like little sea turtles (the theme of the nursery) and they even had sugar in the bags that looked like sand!  So cute!



They also had giant sea turtle balloons around the room and the center pieces were little baby feet suckers in sand pails with crushed graham crackers as the sand! 




Super cute right? I thought so!

Molly's dad, Eric, also made me a vase out of children's blocks!  So creative and so cute! 


One of the highlights of the day was that my cousin Jan was able to make it to the party!  Not only that, she made the cake for the party!  Not just any cake either, a mama and baby turtle lemon cake with fresh raspberries and butter cream frosting in the middle!  Can you say delicious?  Not only delicious, the cutest cakes I've ever seen!!!!  You be the judge . . . 



I just can't believe how generous everybody was at the shower!  From my party planning family, to my cake making cousin to ALL 50 people that attended and were SO generous with their gifts.  We even had a couple of family members and one of my co-workers who took the time to hand make items for Baby Fiamengo!  By far one of the best gifts ever!




I can't tell you how thankful I am to all of my family and friends who made it out to Baby Fia's shower.  They all mean so very much to me and I know that they will mean just as much to Baby Fia.  

I have to show you a couple of miscellaneous pictures from the shower too, just because they make me smile :)


Wolff Buddy, Me, Jordan (2 weeks ahead of me and just minutes away from labor at the moment), and Molly :)


This one is my favorite!  This is how pregnant ladies have to hug, like 7th grades slow dancing! :)  


I don't have many pictures with my dad so I suppose I can throw one up here.  He's not big on smiling for pictures for some reason so this is the best you're gonna get! :)  Big Papa Wayne! 

After the baby shower I spent some time with my friends and then got to work on all those gifts!  My mom and I separated everything, put things together and then I did 7 loads of laundry for this child that is not even born yet!  You know what is even more crazy about the 7 loads of laundry?  I only got about 5 little outfits!  That means that those 7 loads included lots of blankets, sheets, changing pad covers and washcloths and towels!

I'm finally feeling more prepared for baby to be here after putting things together and putting things away.  Who knew that such a tiny little baby would take so many "things?"  

So, you can say that me and Baby Fia had a pretty darn good shower!  In fact, it was perfect!  I loved every minute of it and have great memories of that day.  

I have one more shower put on by my wonderful co-workers at the Yard House this Friday.  Its more like a Baby Shower Happy Hour which is my kind of party! :)  It should be another fun time for Baby and I! :)

So . . . 35 weeks down, only 35 days to go and baby is weighing in at a comfy 5lbs 6oz as of today's appointment!  Baby is estimated to be about 7 1/2 pounds by birth which I'd say is a pretty good size!  I can definitely tell you that according to the ultrasound pictures most of that weight is in the cheeks and feet! :)  Takes after its daddy already! :)

I'll keep you posted on all things baby as we get down to the end!

PS. If there are any of you out there that pray, I'd appreciate some prayers for my friend Jordan who was pictured above.  She's been having contractions for the past couple of days and they are getting closer together as you read this, Baby Will should be here shortly and both mama and baby can use your prayers.  

Have a great week my friends!

Love Jen :) 





1 comment: