Sunday, April 10, 2011

Oh Mexico . . .

I just LOVE Mexico.  


There is really nothing more to it, I love it there.  I couldn't imagine my life without all of my Mexico memories in it.  What a great vacation we had, just like every single time we go.



That is a picture of the newest improvements they have made in Mexico.  They are getting pretty high tech with a sign like this actually.  They have also improved the roads there better than they do here!  There was a long period of time where they actually didn't have roads and it would add on about another 2-3 hours to our trip.  We used to drive on a dirt road that was like a washboard so you could only drive about 7MPH at the most, it was terrible.  So this sign is actually a huge deal.

My grandparents actually live 40 miles past San Felipe in a Camp called Campo San Martin.  Nobody knows about the camps that are passed San Felipe so it's easier for us to just say we went to San Felipe for the weekend.

So of course, the weather was beautiful as always!


Although the sun is really bad for us and can cause major damage, I can't help but just sit out in the sand and watch all that surrounds me out there.  Its amazing what things you can learn about yourself, others and just the world in general when you have no access to modern technology.  Its really nice.  No cellphones, no computers, no interruptions of your own thinking because your favorite show is on or the door bell rang . . . just straight peace and serenity.  

Sunrises and sunsets are the highlights of your day when in Mexico, they are amazing.



Not only that, it was a New Moon when we got there on Sunday which meant a pitch black sky and more stars than you could ever imagine.  We've seen the stars there for 28 years and they still amaze me every single time I see them.  Plus, since it was the New Moon that meant that the grunion would be running 3-4 days after the New Moon.  Sure enough, by Wednesday the grunion were out and about doing their thing!  A crazy site to see that's for sure!




At night time, if the solar was good, we would watch a little bit of TV.  The best part about watching TV in Mexico is watching it with my Aunt Glady (90 years old) and my Grandpa (78 years old).  Neither of them can hear very well, my Aunt Glady because of old age and my Grandpa because he worked in a machine shop for several years.  Since they can't hear well they have these things called "TV Ears" that they wear.  They just pop them in their ears and are able to hear the television just like you and I, its so cute!  They didn't know we were going to take the picture so they look angry, but they really aren't :)


Too cute.

One day it rained which is really really unusual for Mexico.  The great thing about rain in Mexico is that it literally lasts 3 minutes at the most and then the day clears up to be perfect again, its wonderful!


One of the other great highlights of the trip was the rest time we all got!  As you know, I cannot sleep on my tummy being 8 months pregnant, not a fun time.  So, Marc dug me a hole in the sand for my belly and I got some tummy time!  How awesome is that?  It felt so good to get to lay on my belly for a little while, I loved every second of it and miss it so much! The other incredible thing about Mexico is the famous hammock.  I actually got a nice little nap in on that sucker and it felt oh so amazing! :)


What else is so great about Mexico you ask?  I'll tell you, the food!  When there is nothing to do all day your biggest concern is food.  We discuss what we are going to eat for every meal every day multiple times a day.  The best part is when we decide to "go out" to eat.  Going out to eat in this part of Mexico means going to a Mexican families home and having them cook for us.  Or in one case, going to the local "market" and having them cook for us there.  Faly is the name of a lady who owns a little Market a few miles down the road.  She is so sweet and her and her husband cook for us whenever we are there, she makes killer huevos rancheros, I'm drooling just thinking about it right now!  Yum!


The Huevos Rancheros


Cute Lil Faly


Yes that is Faly's kitchen and despite the way it looks, that kitchen has all kinds of flavor in it!  Yum!

Anyway, I could go on for multiple blogs about Mexico.  That place is my second home and where all of my greatest memories are.  I'm so thankful that my grandparents live there and live a happy and healthy life down there.  



A visit to grandma's house for me is not your typical visit, but I couldn't imagine it any other way.

On a quick side note, today was my baby shower and it was beyond amazing!  I can't wait to tell you all about it in my next blog!!!!

Much love and a happy week to you!

XOXO 

Jen :)











2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a good time! Can't wait to read about your baby shower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Headache - back!!! I'm going back to Mexico!!! Such a fun time as always and even though we do the same thing every time we go - such great memories!!!

    ReplyDelete